Please note that Nationals of certain countries including Nationals of Nordic countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland & Iceland) need visas to enter Uganda. Naturalized Nordic Countries citizens of Uganda descent need an entry visa for Uganda.
Countries exempted from visas are:
ANGOLA, ANTIGUA, BAHAMAS, BARBADOS, BELIZE, COMOROS, CYPRUS, ERITREA, FIJI, GAMBIA, GRENADA, ITALY JAMAICA, KENYA, LESOTHO, MADAGASCAR, MALAWI, MALTA, MAURITIUS, RWANDA, SIERRA LEONE, SINGAPORE, SOLOMON ISLANDS, ST. VINCENT & THE GRENADINES, SWAZILAND, SYCHELLES, TANZANIA, TONGA, VANUATU, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE.
Visa applicants holding alien travel documents MUST acquire Visas online prior to departure to Uganda to avoid inconveniences with the airlines.
Uganda Visa Application Requirements
- Original Passport, valid for a minimum of 6 months
- A copy of Passport information Page
- One passport size photo
- Visa fee must be transferred ONLY to the relevant embassy bank account indicated below.
- Receipts for payment must be attached to the visa application
- Cash is not accepted by the Embassy
- The fee once paid is not refundable
- It takes five(5) working days to process the visa
|Single entry Visa||325|
|Multiple Visa (6 months)||650|
|East African Visa||650|
The Embassy reserves the right to reject a Visa Application and an interview maybe required by the Consular Officer.
Alien Passport Holders
Effective from : 1st March 2015.
The Visa processing period will be 30 working days.
EMBASSY VISA ACCCOUNT
|PASSPORT AND VISA BANK ACCOUNT
Den Danske Bank,
Holmens Kanal Branch
Private Banking International
2, Holmens Kanal
DK – 1090 Copenhagen K.
SWIFT. DABADKKK –
Reg. No 4001
Account No . 4001072765
IBAN NO: DK 113000 4001 072 765
|Applicants outside Denmark should include an additional fee of DKK 50.00|
The Consular section Opening Hours:
Delivery of Visa Applications : Mon – Fri 9:00 pm- 12:30 pm
Collection of Passports : Mon – Thur 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Fridays : 12:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Uganda Immigration have implemented the use of electronic visas effective 1st July, 2016.
- All visitors who require an entry visa and do not yet have one must apply through the online application system prior to departure.
- You are requested to upload clear copies of your current passport, Yellow fever certificate and passport photo.
- On completion of the online application, you will receive a barcoded email notification. Print out the email and travel with it to Uganda. Upon arrival at any border (entry point), you must present the barcoded email.
- The Immigration officer will scan the barcode, take your finger prints and photo and you will be required to pay $ 100 for the visa. (Please note, Uganda only accepts USD bills dated 2006 or newer in excellent condition).
- A visa sticker will then be printed with your photo and placed in your passport.
- Online applications must be made through the visa immigration website on https://visas.immigration.go.ug
- In case of Inquiries contact Uganda Immigration Headquarter Kampala on +256414595945
Collection of Passports
- Applicants are responsible for the collection of their passports
- An authorization document and Photo-Id must be provided by individuals collecting on behalf of the applicants
- Courier services are recommended.
- The Embassy neither takes the responsibility for posting nor sending passports.